Pumpkin Bliss Bites
Halloween is here! It's Saul and I's favorite holiday, and we dress up every year. Starting now until the end of the year, sweets & candy seem to be everywhere, and it can be tough to resist. While we definitely indulge our sweet tooth sometimes, we keep healthy treats and snacks around the house to balance things out.
So today, we're sharing a delicious, healthy treat that is SO easy to make: PUMPKIN BLISS BITES 🎃 Store a batch in the fridge so you can grab one anytime instead of reaching for more Halloween candy.
All you need is a few simple ingredients & 10 minutes to make them. These delicious treats are:
- can be made gluten-free and nut-free
- slightly sweet, chewy and have chocolate in every bite
While we're on the subject, here's some fun facts about pumpkin:
- Pumpkin is packed with antioxidants, like Vitamin A, C and E, which are all beneficial to your immune system.
- Pumpkin is technically a fruit (because it has seeds) but is more nutritionally similar to vegetables.
- Every single part of a pumpkin is edible - from the stem to the pulp.
Ok, let's get to the recipe!
PUMPKIN BLISS BITES
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (choose Gluten-free if you like)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Nut Butter (Almond, Peanut or Sunbutter work well)
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or date paste)
- Heaping 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips (minis work best)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, nut butter & maple syrup. Stir until well combined. The mixture should be thick & sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into 1.5" - 2" balls using a cookie scoop or your hands. You'll get 10-12 Bites, depending on how big you make them.
- Store the Bites in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze to store them longer.
Nutrition Facts (for 1 of 12 servings): 150 calories, 19g Carbs, 4g Protein, 8.5g Fat, 2.5g Fiber, 15% Calcium, 7.5% Iron
However you're celebrating, we hope you have a healthy, safe & Happy Halloween!