Holiday Pumpkin Bread
Holiday Pumpkin Bread
Perfectly pumpkin-spiced, this bread will give you ALL the holiday feels! It's like Fall and all the holidays combined in a heavenly slice. It not only has pumpkin, but also a touch of molasses, which makes it reminiscent of gingerbread.
This Holiday Pumpkin Bread is vegan, so it doesn't use any eggs or cow's milk, which makes it suitable for many dietary preferences. If you prefer to make it gluten-free, just swap in an All-Purpose 1:1 Gluten-Free flour.
Bake this up for a pre-Thanksgiving breakfast or a holiday dessert. It can really fit into any role, as it's just slightly sweet but so satisfying nonetheless. If you want to take it over the top, then add vanilla icing or cream cheese frosting.
I added Plant Based Protein Powder to up the nutritional value, but if you don't have that on hand, just add 1/4 cup more flour instead.
Another bonus of this recipe is that you just need 1 bowl and a spoon to make it, which means it's easy and quick to make and involves minimal clean up.
Leave a comment if you make this to let us know how you like it. Enjoy!
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN BREAD
|1⁄4||cup||Protein Powder (or 1/4 cup more flour)|
|1||tablespoon||pumpkin pie spice|
|1⁄4||teaspoon||salt or to taste|
|1⁄4||cup||light brown sugar packed|
|1⁄3||cup||vegetable oil (olive, coconut or canola)|
|1⁄4||cup||Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk|
|2||tablespoons||medium molasses or maple syrup|
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a loaf pan very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
2. To a large bowl add the flour, protein powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and whisk together; set aside.
3. To a separate large bowl add the sugars, pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
4. Pour the wet pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined; don’t over mix.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the sugar & cinnamon over the batter.
6. Bake for about 40 to 43 minutes, or until top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Start checking at 30 minutes.
7. Allow bread to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or cold Almond Milk.