Pineapple Fried Rice
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE 🍍
This Pineapple Fried Rice is delicious & colorful, and a great way to change up your usual meal prep! This recipe makes a large batch, so you'll have plenty of leftovers that will keep for a few days in the fridge or even longer in the freezer.
There is so much flavor in this dish, it's:
- sweet (from the pineapple)
- spicy (you can tone it down or amp up the spice, depending on how much Sriracha you use in the sauce)
- You can swap in any vegetables you have on hand, like bell pepper or broccoli.
- Pick your favorite protein source, like tofu or tempeh.
- Day old rice works great, but you can also use fresh rice that has cooled. Either brown or white rice are fine to use.
Recipe adapted from Veggie Society
Prep: 10 min / Cook: 20 min
- 4 cups cooked Brown Rice, chilled
- 2 cups Pineapple Chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 3/4 cup shelled Edamame (or green peas)
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- Garnishes: lime juice, sesame seeds, scallions
Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Cook your protein of choice and set aside.
- Dice the onion, shred the cabbage & set out all the ingredients you’ll need. This recipe moves quickly!
- In a small bowl whisk together all the stir-fry sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add non-stick spray or little drizzle of cooking oil.
- Add the pineapple chunks & stir fry until little caramelization takes place. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion to the hot skillet stirring quickly until it starts to get translucent. If you feel the pan is getting too hot and anything sticks just add a little splash of water. Scoop out the onion and reserve in the bowl with the pineapple.
- In the same skillet, add the edamame (or peas) and let it defrost, stirring frequently.
- Add the purple cabbage and stir fry just a minute or so until it starts to wilt. Then add the shredded carrots, plus the reserved pineapple and onion.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and pour in the sauce. Remove from heat and gently mix everything together.
- Serve in a bowl with your cooked protein. Garnish with chopped scallions, sesame seeds & a fresh lime juice to make all the flavors really pop. Enjoy!